Sunday, February 25, 2007

Gotta have it

Have you ever just really craved some certain food? especially if someone tells you that its currently unavailable to you?? Recently there was a recall on Peter Pan and WalMart brand peanut butter that was made in Georgia. We checked the cupboard and found that our partially consumed jar of WalMart brand peanut butter came from the lot that was recalled. For several days the jar sat on the kitchen counter reminding me that I couldn't have it and each time I glanced at it I wanted peanut butter more. Finally I went to the store in hopes of buying a new safe jar of that tasty spread and was crushed to find NO peanut butter on the shelves. I think they went a bit overboard as they removed ALL peanut butter rather than take a chance on any of them. Now I really wanted, almost felt I needed to have some. Two days later I stopped at a regular grocery store and found that they had only removed the tainted lot from their shelves so I grabbed a jar of the creamy delight and have since been enjoying it. Honestly I hardly ever eat the stuff these days but when I couldn't have it I really wanted it.

No comments: